We know that readers usually come to our blog for informative and educational posts about the systems and services that we offer. However, as is the case across the country and the globe right now, there is one topic at the forefront of our minds. That is COVID-19, or the Coronavirus.
We wanted to inform our current and future customers about the impact this health crisis has made on the day to day operations of our small business.
The inherent nature of our business requires us to be inside homes and businesses in our community in order to make repairs to the HVAC equipment. While performing these tasks it is common and usually encouraged for our techs to communicate with our clients about their HVAC needs, explanations, options as well as general discussions on a personal level. Unfortunately due to the recent outbreak and the guidelines set forth by the CDC and other government officials, we had to make adjustments to our normal routines in order to ensure the safety of your family and ours.
Due to the most recent statement issued by the Governor of Indiana, advising that non-essential travel should be suspended as well as continuing to do our part to ensure the safety of our community:
- All routine maintenance visits will be put on hold and delayed until after the threat of this virus has passed.
- We are limiting our demand service to emergency service calls only, including homes or businesses with a single HVAC system, young children, elderly homes, or important infrastructure/data communication centers.
- While scheduling the service visit our team will inquire all information possible to limit the amount of direct person to person contact while onsite. Our scheduling team may also ask important details regarding your health or your exposure to individuals with symptoms of COVID-19.
- Contrary to normal practices we will no longer be greeting or thanking our clients with a handshake.
- While inside the home or business our techs will be wearing shoe covers and gloves to limit the exposure while not wearing face masks to reserve the capacity for our healthcare professionals and high-risk individuals.
- While in the home or business we ask that our clients remain 6′ from our technicians, including showing us to the HVAC equipment, explaining any details and finalizing paperwork.
- At this time we’re suggesting all invoices be paid via credit card at which point we would advise our clients to read the card details so we can manually enter them into our processor.
- As a normal practice, our paperwork is digital and is always emailed while onsite, however, to protect both individuals onsite we will not be requiring signatures at this time.
- Service requests will be considered on a case by case basis as immediate family members of the Vital team may be at a higher risk of having serious complications from the virus.
We understand this health crisis is not only affecting our small business but numerous other lives across the country and world. We ask that you understand the circumstances we are all under and continue to make the right decisions so we can quickly relieve the country of this burden.
Thank you all for your support in this trying time.